Preparing Your House for Sale!
Select Your Font Size:
You only have one chance to make a good first impression and this is especially true when selling your house!
If you want to sell your house quickly for the best possible price, get your whole family involved. Take a
tour of your house - as if you were looking at it for the very first time and create your "to do" list.
These questions will get you started...
- Is the house welcoming and well-maintained?
- Are cars, bikes, tools out of sight?
- Can a car be parked in the garage?
- Does the doorbell and front light work?
- Do walls and ceilings need painting?
- Can furniture be removed to make the house look bigger?
- Are all shiny surfaces shining?
- Are all curtains in good repair and clean?
- Do floor coverings add/detract?
- Are storage systems adequate, but not overloaded?
- Is the kitchen spotless and uncluttered?
- Does it look like there is enough cupboard space?
- Do bathrooms sparkle?
- Are there cobwebs or "dust bunnies" in the corners?
- Is the "lower level" attractive? Is the attic accessible?
- Pets? Does the house pass the "sniff" test?
When you're getting your house ready to sell, remember, you're selling your HOUSE, not your STUFF!
Reduce, reuse and recycle! Edit more and pack less!